Things that Count
Smile Flash Mob Challenge - €10 for every smile received!
Points for a Purpose
Our aim is simple. Provide you with truly meaningful and memorable CSR programs as part of your Travel Out There Experience.
We have a very broad and extensive range of experience working in the events and travel business. We understood that companies are not solely financially driven and there is a real drive to have "feel good" motivators. The importance of companies working with a strong CSR ethos is crucial in every aspect of the business.
Check out the video of a game of snakes and ladders, for over 300 people, that generated €€ for a charity. Points awarded, to all teams, were converted in to cash for a good cause.
Engaging your company in a CSR project that has a mutual benefit to the company and local community is not only a fun, rewarding and memorable experience but also energizes employee engagement, encourages team building and enhances your company's reputation. Studies has also shown that consumers are more eager to choose, and engage with, companies that has an open and outspoken CSR policy.
CSR Team building enables your company to motivate your team, improve communication, make the workplace more enjoyable, and also empowers management to more easily identify and utilize the strengths of team members. The emotional element of these experiences has a huge impact on your employees’ attitude not only to others but also to oneself.
Involving themselves in a project that has a mutual benefit to the company and local community is not only, fun, rewarding and memorable experience but also energizes employee engagement, encourages team building and enhances your company's reputation.
By conducting this thorough evaluation it will help us do exactly that!!! We understand that companies are not solely financially driven and there is a real drive to have ‘feel good’ motivators. The importance of companies working with a strong CSR ethos is crucial in every aspect of the business.
When Travel Out There are helping to create partnerships between the organisations and local charities we will ask the following key questions to ensure we get the right CSR fit:
1. What are your organizations vision any key values? We will aim to provide a "cultural fit” with those organizations with which we work. We will aim to reflect our clients key values in the CSR incentive to ensure that there is a greater meaning and benefit to all parties involved; our client, the individual, participants and the charity involved. We work to continue relationship after the event therefore by matching values we find the connection is stronger and there is a better understand of the needs of the cause and become part of a like-minded community of supporters.
2. What is your organization’s structure and how is CSR managed? We need to give all the information to the most relevant contact to ensure that everyone undertands the 'value'.
3. We have programmes for all budgets and time parameters, please state your budget and schedule? What would you like to achieve and we can tailor each project to your demands, needs and budget of each of our clients. We want to stimulate and enthuse participants, sometimes taking them out of their comfort zone and really offer them a memorable experience.
4. How many participants are expected, and what are their limitations? One of the most important factors at play in a successful CSR project is achieving the optimum level of participation for both your organization and the charity.
5. Would you be interested in developing the partnership with the charity in the future? At Travel Out There we have a lot of experience of 'thinking differently'. We understand that CSR projects don’t have to be confined to an allotted amount of time, to a fixed amount of people. We want to help you think of additional ways to get attendees involved, even if they are not available at the scheduled project time. Our best projects are one's that are sustainable and continue in to the future once the connection has been made. We will help you brainstorm ways to do this and always support communication between your organization and the beneficiary.
Examples of past events with a CSR Focus: Points gained during a game of Snakes & Ladders can be converted into hard cash to donate to a charity of your choice. Culinary team build more meaningful by cooking and serve lunch for the homeless people at a shelter. Smile challenge: for every smile received we donated 10 Euros to charity ;)
The CSR Fit
Shell's CSR Project in Tallinn
“They were extremely impressed of our idea (none of them knew what we have organized, so this was a surprise). They enjoyed a lot the idea of building something together, as they are used to cooperate together only in business, so some hands-on-work was really interesting. Moreover, the idea of helping local community was brilliant. They liked it so much so they have asked me to organize something similar on every meeting. They also enjoyed the city game and were generally impressed of how beautiful Tallinn is! I know they were really happy of overall impression and organization! “ View some of our valued CASE STUDIES